Patrice Evra - Berbatov can fire Manchester United to the Title

PATRICE EVRA reckons his constant moaning can inspire Dimitar Berbatov to fire Manchester United to the title.

The Bulgarian hitman kept United on top of the table with a doublestrike that secured a 2-0 victory over Sunderland on Boxing Day.

The win helped the Old Trafford outfi t stay two points clear ofneighbours Manchester City, while Sir Alex Fergusons men will go insearch of their fi fth straight league win at Birmingham tonight.

Berbatovs brace took his tally to 14 for the season. He is the PremierLeagues top scorer, but United team-mate Evra is convinced it is alldown to his nagging!

The France left-back said: I am very happy with Dimitar.

We argued a bit in training when he was missing a goal, but he said,Dont worry, I will score in the game and he showed me that.

I am kidding when I say argue with him, but I keep moaning at him whenhe doesnt score and he moans at me when I miss a cross, or somethinglike that.

It is a joke between me andhim. He is working hard. He is a good guy and is different class.

United travel to St Andrews knowing Alex McLeishs side will be fresh,having had their Boxing Day match at Everton postponed.

And Evra is ready for a bitter night in the Midlands after lastJanuarys icy 1-1 draw at Birmingham.

Hesaid: I remember at Birmingham last year, it was the coldest I havefelt in a football match in my life.
Ihave played in Moscow, but I have never felt that cold. In the warm-upit was diffi cult to breathe. The pitch was hard. It was a nightmare.

We have to get ready for that game because it will be very tough.

Uniteds current driving force is Anderson, who signed a new five-yeardeal before Christmas.

However, Evra haschallenged the in-form Brazilian midfielder to keep improving and notjust be a flash in the pan.

He added:Ando is doing great. The most important thing for him is not three orfour games he needs to play like this every year because he is a bigtalent.

The club has shown confi dence in him by signing him for another fiveyears and he needs to show, on the pitch now, he deserves it.

I am not surprised by him. I have always believed in him.

I hope now he will keep up this type of game every match.


World Soccer News | Video | Podcast | Gallery | Live Streaming

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunderland Away Jersey for 2010-11 Season: Photo

Arsenal Home Jersey for 2010-11 Season: New Photos Released

How Good Is Javier Chicharito Hernandez for Manchester United?