Khumalo ready for Spurs test

New Tottenham signing Bongani Khumalo is hoping to make an instant impact when he arrives at the club in January. The 23-year-old defender will make the switch to White Hart Lane during the transfer window after the North Londoners agreed a 1.5million fee with partner club Supersport United.South Africa international Khumalo knows there will be big competition for places at Spurs, but is confident he can immediately push for a spot in the first team"At 23, I think I'm ready to challenge for a place in the first team," he said."It may take a bit of time to settle in but I've played at the World Cup and I have the confidence in my ability to play in the Premier League."Harry Redknapp's shown a lot of faith in my ability and I hope to be able to repay that."I think the manager is hoping I will be able to fit in to his plans straight away and I believe I'm good enough to do that."Centre-back Khumalo will have to compete with the likes of Ledley King, Michael Dawson, William Gallas and Sebastien Bassong for a place in the Tottenham side. Man. Utd v Tottenham. Click here to bet.


World Soccer News | Video | Podcast | Gallery | Live Streaming

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunderland Away Jersey for 2010-11 Season: Photo

Arsenal Home Jersey for 2010-11 Season: New Photos Released

World Cup Trophies Stolen from FIFA Offices