Carson targets England recall

Scott Carson is back in the Premier League and setting his sights on a return to the England squad. The 24-year-old keeper helped West Brom secure an immediate return to the big time last season, with a number of assured displays earning him widespread acclaim.He was overlooked by Three Lions boss Fabio Capello for this summer's World Cup, but was still pleased with his efforts in 2009/10.An international recall is now very much on the cards, as England's dismal showing in South Africa has led to calls for a squad overhaul.Carson hopes he can be one of the beneficiaries of the changing of the guard, with Capello expected to freshen things up with some younger faces.He already has three full caps to his name and, with top flight football to look forward to again in 2010/11, sees no reason why he cannot be drafted back into the international fold over the coming months.

Consistent

"Being in the Premier League can only help my England chances," Carson told the Birmingham Mail."I said last season that I want to be the No. 1 here for as long as I can."Hopefully I can have a good season here this season and if England come calling, I will be ready."But my first priority is to be No. 1 here, playing well and being consistent."Mr Capello has picked me in the past, that always helps, I have been in his thoughts."


International Soccer Clubs & Leagues News | Video | Commentary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunderland Away Jersey for 2010-11 Season: Photo

Arsenal Home Jersey for 2010-11 Season: New Photos Released

World Cup Trophies Stolen from FIFA Offices