World Cup 2010: Who will you support now following England's defeat?

by

Alastair Campbell, Wayne Hemingway and others reveal who they will be cheering on following the 4-1 loss to Germany

Ghana

Wayne Hemingway, fashion designer

A Ghana win would be great for the African continent. Failing that I want Japan – that would shock everyone and be subversive.

Ghana

Chuka Umunna, Labour MP for Streatham

I'd like to see an African team in the final and with many of the big guns falling, who knows.

Uruguay

Alastair Campbell, ex-No 10 press secretary

Diego Forlan has been the player of the tournament. I've always said that England weren't good enough.

Ghana

Shami Chakrabarti, Liberty director

I will switch allegiance to Ghana. Their reserve goalkeeper Daniel Adjei plays for a team called Liberty Professionals!

Argentina

Tim Lovejoy, TV presenter

Bizarrely I'm drawn to Maradona and Argentina; there's something about the way they are playing

Ghana

Ken Livingstone

I'd like to see Ghana win the World Cup for Africa. I also enjoyed one of the best holidays of my life in Ghana back in 1967.

Argentina

Danielle Ward, comedian

Maradona is just brilliant – he's gone from deranged cokehead to a fantastic figure of fun. And then there's Messi? How can you not love someone who looks like he works in a video shop?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunderland Away Jersey for 2010-11 Season: Photo

Arsenal Home Jersey for 2010-11 Season: New Photos Released

World Cup Trophies Stolen from FIFA Offices